Sage Management Distinguishing Factors
Business Model – We only Find Money on Telecom BillsTM.
- Dedicated resources: With no software to maintain our only focus is on finding new disputes and getting money in the door.
- Contingency: Most of our engagements are on contingency. If we don’t recover any savings for the client we don’t get paid.
Service Rates – Our entire team contributes to bill verification. No employees are overhead. We pass this savings on through our rates.
Data – Auditing is data driven. Typically there are many sources of data and many different matching criteria for the data sets. We primarily use MS Access to audit, not COTS software. It’s easier to consolidate information, and powerful for analysis.
- Facility: We look for network errors based on circuit configuration. Match key CSR/ASR/DLR/LSR/IXC fields for location errors: Spec, FNI, Actl, Spot, POI.
- Switched/Usage: We tend towards the invoice detail to identify systemic errors. The Rate Element Detail or DUF holds a wealth of network information. After quantifying disputes we work towards analyzing CDR as needed. This reduces client resources to cash.
Structure – We separate reconciliation functions into Auditors (Hunters) and Recon (Gatherers)
- Auditors: Goal is to spend 80% of their time finding disputes
- Recon: Goal is to spend 80% of their time reconciling disputes
Compensation alignment – Every employee has a variable compensation portion of their pay which means you have an audit team that is highly motivated to save your company money!