Telecom Audit Services
We provide invoice validation support through a Managed Monthly Service. While we do perform One-Time Audit services (OTA) our typical engagements are recurring in nature. In most scenarios our services supplement existing invoice validation processes.
At a glance the services we provide can be perceived as competing with internal departments for the same dispute opportunities. However, we work diligently to foster an environment where our teams are counted on to supplement audit services as opposed to competing. The way we accomplish this is through openly sharing our ideas and providing an in depth and detailed knowledge transfer. As your team incorporates our dispute concepts into their recurring processes, our team continues to isolate and identify new dispute concepts and savings opportunities for additional cost reduction.
Managed Monthly or One-Time Services
Sage Management performs monthly invoice validation of carrier to carrier billing through a detailed audit and reconciliation strategy. Our process is broken down into 6 areas:
- Data Gathering – The data gathering phase can last throughout the life of the engagement and is our primary driver for dispute wins. Initially we can perform an audit strategy using a Vendor, BAN, Current Due report. We then gather all audit data including: CSR, Switched Rate Element data, OCC, Invoice trending, Provisioning Data, Vendor websites (Prime Access, etc.), CDR/DUF, Contracts/ICAs, etc.
- Initial Audit – After receiving your summary BAN file we perform an initial and deep dive audit strategy. The initial strategy focuses on dispute win rates. We look to identify audits to perform given your costs that will either have a quick turnaround or are industry issues that take a long time to win. This way the project is funded quickly while quickly starting the dispute process for larger items.
- Deep Dive Audit – The initial audit phase flows into the deep dive audit phase. Each week our strategy is revised. The deep dive portion will include validation techniques that take more time, a more thorough sweep of your invoices and applying any new validation techniques. Each year it seems new techniques are identified so we apply these new techniques to our recurring process.
- Recon Process – We assign a recon analyst to each account. Each recon analyst is also the client point of contact. We will work to receive a letter of authorization (LOA) and work through the dispute approval process with your team. Our Vendor negotiation phase is well defined, tireless. We have internal and external escalation processes as well as dispute article templates (.doc, .xls, .ppt). Our win rate on disputes is consistently between 65% and 75% each year and our aging is typically 180 days. We typically maintain around $100M in outstanding dispute.
- Business Process Consulting – Learning how to audit wholesale invoices is very difficult. Classroom training alone does not work. Our training program attempts to integrate our proven processes with your internal processes. This includes first looking at how you use cost management data to identify disputes and helping you set up a good audit strategy. In addition, we look at your Vendor dispute management process and provide enhancement suggestions and/or assistance in integrating the suggested solutions.